Living with a SEAL
March 31, 2019
- Enjoy this shit. If you want it to be seventy and sunny... it's seventy and sunny. Just run. The elements are in your mind. I don't ever check the temperature when I run. Who gives a fuck what the temperature on the computer says? The computer isn't out there running, is it?
- "I like to sit back and enjoy the pain. I earned it"
- "I don't do shit for applauses. I don't do shit for fanfare. I do shit for me."
- "I don't think about yesterday. I think about today and getting better".
- "Whatever you got going on, someone else has more pain. You gotta learn how to fight through it. Not matter what it is. Think about some else and take a suck-shit pill"
- "If the motherfucker looks crazy, usually the motherfucker is crazy."
- "It's not what you do, it's when and how you do it. It's all about the conditions, remember that."
Interesting endurance workouts
- Nickels and Dimes: 5 pull-ups and then 10 push-ups, every minute on the minute.
- Dumbbell bench press: 15 reps at 35 pounds, 12 reps at 40 pounds, 10 reps at 45 pounds, 8 reps at 50 pounds, and then 6 reps at 55 pounds.
- Seated rows (medium weight) 15-12-10-8-6
- Military Press: 4 sets of 10 (medium weight).
- Triceps pull down: 15-12-10
- Curls: 15-12-10 (25 pound dumbbells)
- Sit ups: 50... one minute rest... then 50 flutter kicks... 50 four-count flutter kicks (do a flutter kick for 4 seconds, that equals 1).